Friday, February 24, 2012

It Made Me Want to Dance and Sing

  Since I don't have my notes with me from my Tuesday night Financial Peace class, I will just give you a nugget that REALLY stuck out to me and made my night as my friend was going thru the lesson with me.

  She said that at some point I would be putting at minimum 15% of my pay (before tax) into my 401K.  To which I responded, "But what about my bills?"  Her reply?  "Your bills will be paid off then and all the money you make is YOURS to DO WITH WHAT YOU WANT!!"  Of course, that moment was me having a blonde second but her response floored me and TOTALLY made me that much more excited to be completing the Financial Peace course. 

  Guys, after I get my $1,000 emergency fund and after I get 6 months worth of bill money saved up (for emergencies) I get to KEEP all the money I make. 

  But not only will I keep it, I can give it, donate it, buy people nice things, etc etc etc.  What I've always wanted to do but have been constrained because I didn't have the money!!!

  Isn't that exciting?! 

  If you haven't heard of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace Plan, check it out.  If you don't have the funds to spend on it, try to find a friend or family member who has the information and who is willing to share.  It is well worth your search or your investment!!!!

 Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment